R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 09-09-2012, 02:17 PM
TCCustoms
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcus3r
Been running the RTR on 3S. Looking to jump the ship onto the 2S, high kV motor setup.

ESC question. Is there a ‘must have’ programming feature the RX8 has that the Losi/MMP or the SCT Pro don’t have? I am already familiar with Castle Link programming and all those features.

Thanks.
The one difference that i kno of w/o knowing all the settings on the RX8...The RX8 has what is called a "CURRENT LIMIT" which actually stops power output at whatever percent you have it set at TO WHERE the SCT Pro has a "PUNCH" setting which changes the initial power output when the trigger is pulled to whatever setting and controlling the initial punch but still allowing full speed/power.

Personally i like the current limit of the RX8 and can help control heat issues but i paid as much for my Hobbywing SCT Pro and HW 4700kv ESC/MOTOR combo as you will for the RX8 so depending on what your budget is...can play a roll but my gear keeps up with the Tekin and im more than happy with my decision and would do it again, only downfall is warranty from HW but no problems here.
ENJOY