R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hobbywing vs Tekin
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 09:42 PM
babydaddy
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Don’t waste your money. Get the Hobby Wing
And here is why.
I used to be a diehard Tekin fan. I am on my 3rd and last Rx8 and I had to pay $94 dollars for them to be replaced. You can get the Hobbywing Xerun150 $99 dollars. I know some people say they did not have to pay for repairs but I and most people I race with did. It was always $94 dollars for us all. The Hobbywing Xerun 150 is just as smooth and I think has a more reliable BEC plus, your fan does not go out so much. I have seen at least once every other week an RX8 catch fire or go up in smoke at our local track. We call it the 94 dollar pop sound. My wife is currently running the RX8 until I replace it with a Xe150. I have been running the Hobbywing for over a year with no issues. Even if Tekin helps you out for free, your still dealing with a possible burn hole in your body, melted ESC tray and the burnt smell that that seems to linger. Not to mention the countless reports of them cutting out when you make a rough landing. I have noticed they last longer with Kyosho Zeal tape. No offense against Tekin, I just simply think racers should be informed there are other options that may be better.