Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Johnny Wishbone
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StevenOlsen
hey johnny.

thinking of something like this? used the 2 most center holes from an old chassis. i glued the servo to the chassis and cut it out with a dremel. currently it is bolted streight on the chassis without a 0,5 shim between the servo plate and the chassis.
That's really close to what I ended up with. The only things different on mine is, my bottom plate is extended out enough so that I use the outside servo post and I use the original inside servo post. The material I used is exceptionally thin, it is actually the end plate from a carbon fiber wing for 1/12th that Trinity used to make in the late 80's early 90's, probably 1.0mm thick. Then I used the 1mm spacers between the chassis and the modded servo plate. I measured this after it was totally assembled and so far it manages to keep the 1mm spacing consistent across the entire servo and has virtually no deflection when the steering is moved back and forth, so I feel like its a pretty solid mount. I will be putting it thru race conditions tomorrow, and the way I've been driving lately, this will be a true torture test, lol.