R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Legalise Software *Fixed* Timing?
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 06:00 PM
ta04evah
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Leave it how it is for a couple of reasons.

Keeping it simple, with the growing popularity of "blinky" class racing in onroad, I believe this is one of the reasons that many now race in zero timing classes.
Even in 0 timing mode you can still adjust some settings in the esc along with timing & gearing options of your motor of choice.
It's still daunting for some new to the hobby that have not been informed and acquired equipment that can not, or have not been set to the correct settings and have been left disillusioned by the complexity.

Not all manufacturers are the same, even if ROAR gets on board there will in probability be some esc manufacturers that will chose not to offer a software update due to costing to support the new software for a particular make or model of esc. Would those with said esc be forced to purchase another esc because a brand/model that they were using and happy with now doesn't comply with the suggested addition?

Diluting of the classes, would this add another class to club and title level racing? Would clubs be forced into deciding whether or not to cater to another class because some members are not or can not buy a new esc if some manufactures decide not to offer new software?

Not trying to shoot your ideas down, I can see some good points about it but I believe they are far outweighed about the negative points, and have many questions that need to be asked before I can believe otherwise.

Cheers
Rob.