R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS
Thread: Team Losi JRXS
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2004, 09:57 PM
FW-05RR
Tech Master

Originally posted by wcoyote
I'm just giving a heads up. I'm not saying it's a sure thing. But being a part of the Electronics Industry, I have seen some pretty heavy battles (and expensive) when it comes to this stuff. It really depends on if the company can prove that it could impact their money making ability negatively. Most of those things are patent infringement issues in the cases I've seen. But I do know a few that involved such things as leaking of confidential info. Designs are usually in that "confidential info". Hence why most companies have you sign a confidentiality agreement when you are hired.
futureal I understand your point. That is why they usually go for the source. But I have seen some go for the websites that they were also first found on. Citing that by posting those pics that site was "the contributing factor to the revenue lost by giving the competition an unfair advantage by releasing detailed design info that may or may not have had been patented or protected properly yet."
That is sometimes why designs are delayed. Copyrights and patents need to be pending so companies can't legally copy it.
We gots a lawyer in the house