R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR Election
Thread: ROAR Election
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 01:59 PM
bvoltz
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

So what do you think ROAR needs to address in priority order, knowing that time and resources are limited. So I'm asking what topics need to be addressed with in the first year... Let's be reasonable....

Here is my list:
1. Revup back in production.

2. Regional Directors getting regional races going again.

2.1 Get a Spec Stock class defined (to be Stock) (limited it to 17.5 locked timing motor(s), No speedo with USB port, $75 limit, and limit the body to one (example for elec on-road would be say Speed 6). (Read: NO Pros. The average joe want to race average joe, no Pros). Leave Pro Stock (Personally I think this should be 17.5, 13.5 motor for one race a year is nuts) for the Pros and who wants to run with them. NO - mod is not the answer, for a number of reasons.. Personally I don't want to run mod, my equipment gets a Bobby Brown beating and I'm to old to try to control a car moving that fast. I'm very happy with Stock and based on the entries, I'm not alone in this thought.

3. Raise the ROAR membership fees, but send the member a t-shirt, stickers, nice membership card (I know this is has been done), Up to date Rule book, maybe a coupon for one free regional, super regional or national entry fee.... Bring RevUp back. I do not expect ROAR or the people to operate on a shoe string budget, you get what you pay for... Like I tell people if you pay with peanuts, you will get monkeys.... A number of people feel that 25.00 does not get them value for the 25.00, so let's give them some funds to work with....

Look a number of people are not happy with the performance of ROAR, but let's be adults and step forward and offer a helping hand....