R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F104 Version 2
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 10:13 PM
RedBullFiXX
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtveten
Yep, I have been using tam med on the front kingpins and got some relief with hard as the grip increased. My setup differs from the one fred posted in that i was running med front springs, pink side springs and 600cst in the side damper and 2mm pod droop measured on blocks. My pod moves nice a free and the cars works very well in cooler conditions but at tamiya nats is was a pile once the sun came out. I was thinking maybe stiff center & side springs with extra heavy dampening may react more like the t-bar suspension and smooth the car out or do you think it would be better to work on a more aggressive chassis setup with kit fronts? Have you tried doing anything with the tires, inserts maybe? Is buggy grip the wrong sauce for the track?

Mark
That heat really played havoc with the new tires
A friend of mine found that using Simple Green on his tires calmed the car down a lot

Working in post tech I looked at every car, and was surprised by how different the setups varied, and yet how close on pace most cars were

I'm thinking tire prep, along with esc & radio settings, were probably the most crucial difference, as there was no evidence of any one setup being superior to another

Normally Buggy grip is the go on every outdoor track, in hindsight, it was probably making the front tires too soft for the conditions that weekend, though it did a great job on my RM-01, as I had awesome front bite all weekend

I use the 571 & 572 inserts with every Shimizu tire combo