R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - JRXS-R Vs. Sakura Zero S
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 02:13 PM
padailey
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I haven't run a Sakura Zero S but have seen one up close and it seems pretty decent especially for the price. Parts are cheap and you can upgrade to a full blown Zero. Seems to break fairly easily but the guy driving it is pretty new so that may not be a fair assumption on the durability.

I have had a Type R for some time now... (recently sold one and have another for sale now) and all I can say is the car just plain works! Been running it mostly in VTA and it has a very wide setup window. Everyone at our track that has had one has gone faster with a Type R. Depending on what type of Lipo you have it can be a little limiting but not too bad. The Orions work best (at least up to 5000mah). I ran Thunderpower 5000 and 5300 and had to do some minor mods to make it work but it was quite simple to do. It just amounts to narrowing the center pulley which makes more room width wise for the battery. Parts still seem to be plentiful but you never know if or when they will dry up. I really liked mine a lot and kinda miss it but I had it for several years so its on to something else.