R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - On-Point Racing
Thread: On-Point Racing
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 09:39 AM
chicky03
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by samnelso
Chicky, or others, do you have any experience/recommendations for running the battery across the back on the OP300 12th for 13.5 blinky? I'm always hunting for more lower slip angle steering and thought the weight transfer of a cross-wise battery may help with this. Also, I'm having difficulty balancing the car left/right with the in-line battery config. I'm already 30g over weight and still well out of balance. Great car and thanks for any tips. I can post up a pic tonight if that'd help.
I've tried it both ways and in the end when the setup is right on both cars they can both be made to work. I'd say in mod the battery in the middle has more of advantage for driveability but the slower classes I havent noticed much of a difference.

You should be able to get the car really close to balanced with no weight added or maybe 5 grams added at the most. Make sure you balance the pod and chassis separately. All motors are different and you may have to add some weight to the pod on the right or put a motor spacer to move it to the left. Post some pictures so I can see!