R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Capricorn LAB C801 1/8 scale
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 03:13 AM
chris_dono
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jensroland
Congratulation with a superb and strong car, wich is easy to setup and to drive.

The manual does not include the running changes the last little year, and th missing pages you can find earlier in the this thread. Hopefully there will come an updated manual during the winter

Check that you not have used a xx19,8 pin elsewhere ex. in the big rearpulley.

They have changed the number and size of the clutchbell bearings a couple of times. The first version have one 5x10x4 and two 5x10x2,5, the second version two 5x10x4 and the clutchbells supplied with the (new) reversecluch have one 5x10x4 and two 5x10x3 (still use the v2 pinion). This clutchbell also fits vithe traditional clutch.

Instead os lowering the roll-center you can use the top mounting holes on the rear hub and the lower holes on the body mount arm holder - most drivers do it this way.

D.j. apollaro have posted some set-up's earlier in the this thread - one from february (page 36) and a later one from july (page 48) ... these set-up works really good as a base, and is quicker than the standard set-up ... and allmost af easy driven.

In this thread there also are good and valuable information and tips, so i can recommend that you read the thread from start to finish several times and compare with your own experinces on the track.

Best wishes; Jens
I didn't race it this weekend as I felt I would have rushed to finish it and maybe not have such a good day with it

I'm going to go back over everything, thanks for the tip on the rear pulley, that may explain it, although I thought I'd checked them when I built it.

Next meeting is in 3 weeks time, so I should have everything ready by then hopefully.