R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Short Course Bitter Sweet for RC Racing?
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 12:11 PM
duuuuuuuude
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cmross13
thats fine for you, but i wouldn't race on "anything". if all that was available to me was a pan car oval or scale rock crawler course, i wouldn't be here typing this, because i wouldn't have gotten back into R/C. i dont love all R/C racing, i like what i like.

you can't blame the track surface for "purists" bitching about crappy drivers. if some hack shows up at a Mod TC race with an old Yokomo drift car and bashes it into everyone and everything, you don't blame the asphalt or carpet or whatever, right?
I didn't mean "anything" as literally "anything". But if I were away from home and had the itch to drive a toy around a track, I wouldn't be extremely particular about track surface.

I don't blame the track for the purists, I blame the purists for the track and their "don't crowd me" attitude. It seems to me they are out to do nothing more than turn the absolute cleanest and fastest lap they can and get huffy if someone gets in their way or the track surface is inconsistent. If that is the case, then drop racing all together and do single car time trials. Just one man, his rig, some traction compound, and a smooth as glass track. Sounds like heaven...