R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Efra rules
Thread: New Efra rules
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 01:00 PM
NikoRacing
Tech Adept

nono guys this are wrong ways to reduce noise. 30xx series imposed by EFRA was a flop and sure this silencers added to the pipes are not the way. Just ask yourself where can you mount this objects on 1/10 touring car ...???

I already said something before. I work in Hipex and test for them, and be sure we found a good way to make noise down. Our pipe is already EFRA approved as 2095 and it works like normal pipes in performances and fuel consumption.

The major problem is that people here are not sensible to the noise problems. I heard AMSCI men say "no, I dont see the problem of the noise like a real problem..yeah they close a track in Netherland but the rest is ok". But believe me the problem do exist in Italy also. Track are closing and many has problems with houses around and so. Many want to forget about the problem but we cant do it forever. We just have to believe that it's possible reduce the noise without kill the engines.

In the last month we worked on a 1/10 prototype also and it works. No problem with temperature and consumpion is normal. We made 104km/h top speed and the pipe has lot of punch (the same is for the 1/8 offroad one, so we have good feeling because both are giving the same impressions).
Next year I believe it will be the good one.

I cant say more now. We hope to close the tests in October and then I will tell you more!