R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Who use Radio for ESC Tweaking
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 09:48 PM
tc5 man
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by smanders
He is really describing the throttle behavior here. Negative Expo will create a curved throttle response where the initial movement will not deliver as much torque to the wheels. Same goes for braking. But the End Points will not change. The rate will increase as the trigger travels further to make up the lost power so that the End Point arrives at the same power level as a straight linear setting.

By the way this is for when your rear end is getting squirrelly/loose/oversteers/"rear-end comes around" when exiting turns and rolling back onto the throttle. If you make your finger smoother...or setup some negative expo on the throttle.

Does this help any?

Yup the negative expo helps on dry tracks the most especially Castle because its not Sensored and it help with wheelspin and your tires will thank you can have a smooth trigger finger. But Negative expo helps more in that issue to me.

Yes it will correct the oversteer because the throttle position is more linear. I have my at -3 to -4% at most on the expo but if traction is better i may go down to -1 or just go at 0% . Oh yea with jumping it can help also because you dont get that rubber band powerband all the sudden that Sensoreless gives you.

What you described is exactly what Expo does.