R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Best 1/10 scale RC Rally car kit?
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 11:10 AM
Djtrippusa
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MOmo
I have both the TC3 w/ rally conversion along with the HPI RS4 rally. I love them both. My only complaint with the AE rally car was the steering rack. I recently swapped my TC4 drift for a yoke but plan on using the TC4 as a rally platform

I would say if you can find the pieces from the AE rally conversion, go that route. You might trim the limiters for droop to allow the arms to drop more.

As for motor, I was running a mild 19t brushed motor. In talkin with a fellow racer about bringing rally back, we thought 13.5 would be plenty.

Good luck.

Momo
I forgot to mention guys, I have a stock TC4 which I was going to sell the get the rally car (just built a carbon fiber tc4 for onroad racing), i could just get the tc3 rally conversion parts but the front arms are impossible to find right now. I could buy that TC3 rally roller i posted a link to and take the parts from it considering that how much it sould cost to get them from TA (just checked), there seem to be a bunch of disadvantages to doing this though, seems like more of a process to go that route as opposed to selling the r2r tc4 and buying a rally kit.