R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 06:57 AM
BCDK
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TryHard
Interesting what you say about sanding the gears. My 2 gear diff is fine, no issues with leaking, but my 4gear has an odd action, and feels like it has more friction in it around the outdrives.. What grit are you sandng the gears with?

Cheers
Ed
400. You may try the sanding and assembling the diff. several times, before you get the result you need. Since the worlds I use 4 small Xceed plastic gears together with 2 large standard gears. The plastic gears I sand to get a "clean" back side with no casting burr. The large gears the same and also to the minimize the pressure on the x-rings. When you assemble the large gear on the outdrive, you must have a little play. Otherwise you have a pressure on the x-rings, the x-rings again on the outdrives. Then the x-rings are like a brake. The diff. must run free.

Please also note, that the diff. house has been slightly developed. If you have a diff. house from one of the first TE production, you can have problems with the diff. like leaking or odd action. Recently I bought a new diff., and this diff. has a different action than my diff. from the TE kit - more free and smoother action. The new diff. comes with the new silicone O-ring.