R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - solid vs Oneway
Thread: solid vs Oneway
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2004, 07:26 AM
BrainTeased
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by duneland
Adding a one-way increases steering off-power, but greatly reduces steering on power. A spool greatly reduces steering everywhere. You must run stiffer rear diff to get steering with either. Changes to shocks and sway bars as well as a tighter rear diff, can get the steering back.
guys i've done abit of test run today with the one way! duneland comments are right it gives me great off power steering but on power steering is horrible! (goes very wide but holds traction!) so i've made 2 more rear diffs 10k, 30k ill test these out next week. i think ill stick with the one way! i really feel like its more sort of driving style as i've tried front diff with 100k (almost close to a solid front) and the steering isnt as sharp off power! with the one-way i can put the power down mid-way or 3/4 towards the end of the corner so yea i like it currently i also have 5k diff oil at the rear which is what is recommended at my track from the local guys as my track has low grip. thanks for all ya input! will also do some more testing with the shock positions etc...

thanks to all once again cheers!