R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC EB48 Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 09:36 PM
Oldanski311
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jhautz
Looking at my slightly wobbly spur gear... Whoever suggested cleaning the little bulge of plastic from the screw hole on the diff cup was right on the money!! That's the fix. Perfectly true spur gear now!! Thanks to whoever that was!! Put that in your build tips section Tekno guys!!! Or better yet, a revision to the diff cup so it has a small chamfer molded into the hole on the diff cup and nothing needs to be trimmed.

Also, question for the tekno guys. I cant get anything smaller than a 15T pinion gear to mesh properly. The motor hits the center brace and keeps it from going in far enough. I am trying to switch from a 4s 1900 motor setup to a 6s 1400 motor setup and I want to run a 14T gear. With the motor touching the center chassis brace the mesh is still a little too loose. It works with the center chassis brace out. I assume I'll just need to take the center brace out to run this setup. Unless there is some other work around I'm not seeing.

I was going to try taking the brace out this weekend anyway but wanted to run it with the brace first and then take it out to get a better feel for the effect it has.

I may be able to dremel a little off the brace and get the extra mm I need, but didnt want to start chopping the car up just yet. LOL.
Right on. Welcome to the 1400 club . I'm running a 16t on a medium sized indoor track(I don't run the brace anyway). Seems fine to me.