R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Setting motor/esc for correct temp.
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 08:12 AM
MatJ
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by sosidge
OK...

- Insert - should be used in the -10 position (+10 is actually "zero dot")

- Motor feeling soft - this is bad. Doing it time and time again will permanently damage the motor. Couldn't say whether or not you have already hurt yours. Check motor timing, gear ratio and of course the free movement of the transmission (tight gear mesh and seized bearings will generate a lot of heat even if you are on a recommended gear ratio)

- GT2.0 with the old software will not be legal for blinky. It would be legal in boosted but won't keep up with the boosted cars. If you decide to use the Hobbywing software, I've put some info about it on my blog. Basically 508 for blinky and 930STOCK for boost. Start at default settings.

Hope that helps
Sosidge, been great help. And I appreciate alot.
For timing, Im set.
Gear mesh is perfect, not too tight, not too free.
Bearing, well I opened the motor Yesterday (Or two days ago, cant actually figure out which day we are ^^ ) and both bearing at each end would spin freely.

Finally, for the ESC, I will check you blog asap. Have saved it.
But one thing, does it mean that if anyone wants to run blinky with a new ESC, they would have to "upgrade" their ESC to a blinky firmware to be able to compete in the blinky class ? Does it mean they (Anyone) would have to buy a programming card to run blinky or even boosted ?
And can I flash the 930STOCK HW firmware with the speedpassion LCD card and same for futur releases ?

Last question, over a 5min race, lets say you had two identical cars, but one running boosted, the other running non-boosted. How much degree difference would there be between both motors (Of course, everything is identical, motor, gearing blablabla) ?
And if I wanted to go for a new motor in the boosted 13.5 class, what would be a good one/new one to keep up ? (Dont care about the price).

Thanks alot for all the help, you've deffo cleared out alot of things in my mind !