R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)
Old 08-29-2012, 06:49 AM
celt
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis
Not sure just what you guys are hitting to pop the ball cups off but I had no problems racing tonight..and the other 3 SCT22's had no problems either..all I can say is WOW..this truck is bad a**.. I'm done with 4x4 SC..this was way more fun! Big thanks to John Shultz for the help at the track tonight..as always you rock!
I'm wondering if this explanation isn't part of the issue some are having, as I've had this issue on a number of totally unrelated (different mfg's) cars

The links and cups are really, really tight to adjust when new. So tight in fact, that they simply pop off when doing final adjustment. Some just get them to an acceptable length and pop them on.

If you do the latter, and you can't roll the steering links between your finger and feel full range movement, both fore and aft, when you compress the suspension violently, the link and cup are so tight, that they have no choice but to pop off.

I always use a little Losi green lube on the links and cups when new. It makes them easy to adjust immediately. I also make sure that I get full range, forward to back rotation of the cup movement on the ball stud.

As I look at my compressed suspension, the cups are fully clearing all obstacles at both ends. As a matter of fact, I can still rotate the cup/link a pinch while fully compressed (it's close). The only way for that cup to pop off is if I break an arm or shock tower - the cups coming off at that point anyway.

This make sense to anyone? I'm not suggesting anyone is doing anything wrong, I've made this same oversight. It happened to me once, I make sure I have free rotation of the cup/link pair and it's not happened to me since.

A hard, hard, crash? Sure...the cups coming off - that doesn't count.