R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Help me prepare my 1/8 e-buggy for a 10h endurance
Old 08-27-2012, 07:31 AM
Pulse_
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Lonestar
I feel for ya - when hardware lets you down in an enduro race, and it's not a preparation mistake, it's so frustrating (happened to us last time in a 4h race and servo gear went poof when we were running 3rd and catching up) when it's something you can't control

so what's wrong with the RCM mount? And why not use the stock one?

Paul
Because the stock motor mount is made for nitro , I'm running a DNX408 so I had to choose a conversion. The sirio conversion which is made in italy is the best but not made anymore, the venom is made in australia but would have taken too long to arrive and the hobbypro mount is crap as we ripped it previously (metal is too soft)

Trouble is the motor mount is fixed with M3 screws on the DNX408 which is not enough IMO. I like to fix my motor and mount with M4 screws and use loctite so that it holds up. On a endurance you can't have this kind of problem, it screwed all the race so yes very frustrating. We even had to stop the race completely as it was so muddy and we took to long to re-install everything correctly everytime. The other thing is the loctite hadn't enough time to dry so it almost was a lubricant which is the opposite of what we want. We ripped two metal spur because of the mount moving too..

But the temps in 6S were way better than in 5S with the same 1400kv motor. I was geared high (18 pinion) and I could barely reach 50 degrees on the motor..and man the buggy was fast on the track! Actually I prefer the MMP than the RX8 in 6S 1400kv. It runs almost cold and so smooth! The power delivery was just perfect so I'm very pleased considering my temps were too high for my taste with the 5S 1400kv setup. I managed to get 20 minutes runtimes running the buggy hard in 3300mah 6S 1400kv which is very good