R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Help me prepare my 1/8 e-buggy for a 10h endurance
Old 08-27-2012, 07:11 AM
Lonestar
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pulse_
Hello, back from the endurance

So everything went awesome.. Except for the rcm motor mount.

I did my best laptimes ever on that track with the Durango but the mount kept moving. I used threadlock on all the metal to metal screws, re-checked 10x times the mesh, everything was fine but at the end nobody was able to solve the problem.

The electronics handled perfectly (MMP + tekin T8 + gens ace and zippy lipos), the car was awesome to drive so the problem with the mount was even more frustrating. I already had a similar problem with a rcmonster for the JQ last year. Mount moving all the time. I solved it since then but the DNX408 conversion had just arrived last week so we couldn't test it extensively.

So all in all awesome car but I'm seriously doubting about this mount considering we asked many pilots to solve the problem and tested just about everything. I will give it a last chance next week end. I'm racing on the same track so we'll see but considering we prepared this endurance for weeks and made our best laptimes this was REALLY annoying
I feel for ya - when hardware lets you down in an enduro race, and it's not a preparation mistake, it's so frustrating (happened to us last time in a 4h race and servo gear went poof when we were running 3rd and catching up) when it's something you can't control

so what's wrong with the RCM mount? And why not use the stock one?

Paul