R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - "Ask" Jilles Groskamp Tamiya 416 & 417, Team Orion Motors
Old 08-27-2012, 07:04 AM
Philipp1990
Tech Apprentice

Hey Jilles,

First: Congratulations to your World Championship Title!

Second: Iīve had a break of 4years and buyed a Tamiya TRF417X last month, build it with your tips from Youtube and the Car runs pretty perfect!

Iīve tested it on 3 different tracks (all carpet) and used a setup from Marc as a basic starting point, because he runīs his 417x almost the same on every track, with small changes.

The Car runs pretty good (17,5T Class and also 10,5T tested) but i found, that the 2,25mm chassis had to much flex, so i bought the 2,5mm Chassis and the 2,25mm topdeck and tested it this weekend on a high/medium carpet track.

It wasnīt that bad, but iīve expected more but at least it wasnīt good testing conditions because a lot of driftcars were on the track and so the track was very dirty and the car was difficult to drive.

Iīve seen that Marc always uses the 2,5mm chassis and Vicktor used both the original one and the thicker chassis in his setup sheets.

So which combination of topdeck and chassis would you basiclly use on carpet?

Because iīve only got one car and it takes so long to change the chassis at every track and build the car properly... Also i would like to know if itīs worth to use the original Tamiya TRF blue O-Rings in the Dampers or the Tamiya X-Rings?

My Setup is down below, maybe you can check and give me a advice? (Note: I didnīt use the lower mount between the motor mount bulkheads!)

THANKS and best regards from Germany!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	TRF417X Phil Carpet-page-001.jpg
Views:	921
Size:	315.9 KB
ID:	963065  

Last edited by Philipp1990; 08-27-2012 at 07:29 AM.