R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CASH PAYOUTS WHEN U RACE $$$ WHY DONT ALL TRACKS DO THIS??
Old 08-26-2012, 12:01 PM
PTP Racing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It sounds great at first but I think the money race craze is dying. Racers get even more aggressive when money is on the line. The track is giving up more of the tiny profits they bring in and its just not a great fit for our hobby IMO. If we had crowds and ticket sales and could use those to make prize payouts then perhaps it could work out but now its usually an increase in cost for the racer and only a few have a real chance at getting paid. Ive noticed money races in the area seem to bring in the out of town guys at the expense of the locals.

Ive won money at most of the cash races Ive been to but I couldnt name but maybe 1 or 2 of them. When I reflect on my time racing which is something I did a good amount of before this season to decide if I wanted to keep racing or sell out and pay off the racing debt it was the trophies and plaques that bring back the good memories and fill me with pride which is what keeps me going. I would much rather see 10 guys get $10 plaques then one guy get $100 even if that guy is me.