R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - SC10 Thread Part 2
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 10:26 AM
J_Bone
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
I have always ran this setup on my SC10 at CV, CH, SRS, Hobbytown...it works everywhere. It's Maifields go to setup for anything and he has fine tuned it over the years. Tires will be your biggest deal at CV...ask Casey, he will probably tell you to run some AKA Gridirons out there. I think I ran JC Double Dees (green) f/r last time I ran on a club night out there, Green 3D's would probably be really good on the rear. The truck will probably be a little bit on the squirelly side...fun but not a handful.

http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/ca...eld_Cactus.pdf

Out of the box i would recommend the JC Rear Body mount brace, helps to keep the body flat during cornering, the stock one flexes quite a bit. Seems to be out of stock at Amain and JC right now so if you cant find one get ahold of Chris Krieg out of Phoenix, hes one of the main guys behind the new xfactory truck and does amazing things with carbon fiber (screen name is SpeedyDad). click here

I would also get one of the Hi Flow bodies for outdoor and experiment with cutting out the vents. Oh...and the Avid Rack for sure.
Chris's son is going to Uof A and races down there in Tucson. Hit them up, they are good people.