R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 racing new F1
Thread: 3 racing new F1
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 01:10 PM
NewWestF1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by terry.sc
Simple answer, it gets in the UK magazines because MuchMore Racing, the UK distributor, sent them a car to test. Same with the F109 before that, it's nothing to do with the 3Racing factory at all. Does 3Racing have an official US distributor? If so it's those who you should be asking questions, not the manufacturer on the other side of the world.
I know the editor and several testers for a UK magazine, and the biggest reason particular cars are tested is entirely down to which cars they get sent and close co-operation with the UK distributors which make reviewing cars much easier.
I know there isn't an OFFICIAL distributor for 3Racing in Canada. And I agree that they are the ones that should be pushing to get the products into magazines and ads on online stores in the specific country.
Have all the other F1 cars been featured in the US magazines? That's all of them, not just one or two Tamiya F104 kits. The magazines have to focus on the people who are most likely to buy the magazines, not just small niche markets like F1, which is why they are currently full of off road.
Again, great point because the majority of product and info you get out there is related to the Tamiya line-up which also makes it reasonable to assume that the Tamiya distributors in Canda, US and Globally have a mandate to make Tamiya a household name within the hobby. There are Italian, German and other Japanese manufacturers that I've read about and seen some very nice F1's in their product lines but finding the information was difficult to say the least
If you were a manufacturer and almost all of your sales were in the USA, would you be going out of your way to promote your cars in China where you sell very few kits? Considering what an obviously huge market it is over there, yes, as a manufacturer I would make the push and hire a localization team.
If you are expecting replies to your emails, remember this is the same as expecting Losi to reply to emails they receive in Chinese, you are relying on someone in 3Racings offices dealing with emails having a good command of English.Going back to my last comment, if you have a market that is buying your product you have the responsibility to have a team of people to manage those markets OR limit the reach of your sales channels and don't bother competing with Tamiya, who does answer your emails.
All in all, if you want to do business internationally you should have the ability to manage your international customer base whether it's through distributors, media outlets or front line hobby store owner/ employees. I love my FGX, I will likely buy another because it's a fun build BUT it would be nice if 3Racing took the time to acknowledge their foreign markets. With luck, this will find it's way somehow to the boys at 3Racing and they'll do something about it or find a distributor in North America to help a growing group of F1 RC racing enthusiasts.

Just my $0.02