R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Help with setup (tc4)
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 12:54 PM
Slo_E4
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toom1h
So will the motor I chose work with the tc5? Is there a better option? Is that sidewinder set up good or my wants?
That tc5 exotek chassis that you posted above is just that, a chassis plate. You would still need the actual tc5 kit before purchasing that. Exotek is an aftermarket chassis company. I would imagine if you really want a tc5, they should be about the same price on eBay as the tc4 club racer. $150 or so... But the tc4 club racer would be brand new. If your just running for fun, get the tc4. Like I said, it'll be brand new. And pretty much everyone has owned one at one point in time. The motors that you posted will work fine. You don't need the 4 pole motor, but it'll work. They will work with 2s lipos. Gens ace lipos would be perfect for you.

What I suggest is just spend some time around here, and other sites, and just do some basic research on all around anything about the hobby. You would be surprised on what you can learn around here, if you just search around.

There are threads specified on the tc4, and tc5, and ect. ect.... Search around for those threads here in the electric onroad forum. You should be able to find out everything you need.