R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC
Old 08-17-2012, 01:57 PM
Paul L
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by MikeXray
When doing droop over ride height with the tires on I use one hand to put pressure on the tire, and lift the shock tower, then measure, its important to not use force, just lift until the screw hits the chassis. When you are done, lift the end of the car from the center of the shock tower and verify that both wheels leave the pit board at the same time, and then slowly drop the car onto the pitboard and watch the links, they should both move in parallel, if not make slight adjustment to each side.
I I also hold the tires down while checking the droop to allow you to feel when the suspension top's out. Thanks!

Originally Posted by JamesL_71
Hi Paul... is this in regards to 2S/Sedan racing?

Can you comment on battery life/longevity for 1S/12th scale?
Hi.
I dont race 12th scale on a consistent enough basis to say for sure. I got 2 new packs for the birds in jan, in March they were still very good and i raced them at the nationals. also used them at a race in new york after and they were still fine, but when i went to cycle them for the worlds in july they had lost performance in every category so i did not use them. they were still fine to run but 30 or so sec short at 35Amps and the voltage was down. it might be a good idea to have a beater pack or two for practice and buy a new one or two every 4-6 months for racing.
Lets say i am to get 4 new battery's next year, i would want one new one every three months as apposed to 4 new ones right at the beginning of the year.

Hope that helps