R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT 1/8 Scale Rules and Setup Sharing
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 06:05 PM
mrod
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ice
Originally Posted by spooky 1
As a committee , the open engine rule was presented to roar. What they choose to do with that is up to them. We gave them what the country wanted. If they make a "list", we will feel confined to that and the cheating that it will bring. If it's open engine , we won't have to deal with all the tech rules , monitoring cheating, and having people on hand willing to and capable of teching engines. Didn't we say keep it simple. Andy is correct in that we as a group won't be using very high dollar engines. They just don't work well in this car.
I am not sure who this committee is but neither I or anyone else I know here in my region was asked to join this committee to present any rules to roar so to me it seems a little biased towards what certain people want. Now I am not trying to start anything on here but it seems that we are never going to agree on the motor thing, therefore I suggest that roar make no decision on motors and let each event decide on the motor rules, this makes it real simple, if you go to an event that has open motor rules then you run what you want but if the event sets price rules on motors you abide by that, in short just let the events decide and enough with the debate, and if you don't agree with the rules just don't show up to race, but there will be no need to bitch about it.
Just my opinion nothing more.