R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Help me prepare my 1/8 e-buggy for a 10h endurance
Old 08-15-2012, 09:43 AM
Pulse_
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Davidka
Didn't read the whole thread but here are some things to consider:
  • Carefully set current limiter to ~5-10% more than the minimum you think you need power-wise. Will keep motor temp down and help run-time -> I'll use a MMP, I've no current limiter. You won't trust me but I'm more confident with the MMP in 6S compared to a RX8
  • Pack all bearings with a waterproof grease, something a little heavier than what normally comes with them. Same w/Diff outdrives. -> just did it with lithium grease

• If one of the cars has the option to run the rear shocks forward on the rear arms, use that. In 10hrs you could get packed and have a shock unecessarily damaged -> standard on the DNX
  • Take advantage of the conservative motor/esc settings and use a body with fewer vents to keep stuff out of the car -> I'll use a smooth ESC setup but considering I'll run 6S lipos and 1400kv motor temps should be ok
  • Shock boots if you don't already run them -> standard, I'll use shock socks selfmade with jersey too
  • Put more padding under your RX. -> it was previously directly on the châssis but I'll use the box that comes wit the RCMonster conversion this time
  • Set your servo saver a little softer. -> it is set with red loctite and I didn't manage to loose it
For the connectors I'll use traxxas as they are easier to plug/ unplug than EC5. I know bullets is the best design but traxxas high current connectors should be ok with a low amperage and 6S setup

My car is completely disassembled right now. Would you boil the plastics?