R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - which tc has least drive tran resistance
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 07:26 PM
jlfx car audio
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Its like this the photon has 20/40t pullies but I think the profile of the teeth kill it overall .
Running 25.5 vta is touchy it seems . This car was a monster when we was racing 21.5 I placed in the a main at several large events and won a few as well . But now that the 25.5 open gear is it I seem to be way down on HP to the ground compared to lol I get pulled on a 100' strait by 6-9' and out accelerated by 2-4' every corner it has no punch . Even allowed the great one to drive it and he, even tho able to better my lap times by .1, still couldn't touch his (his was a full second faster every lap ....) set up is not the issue . He runs a AE6.1 and 2 others run X-ray 2011s and they have same rip top speed . I've tried a wide range of gears different esc profiles different battery's no change ....
My car on stand withOUT tires or motor will not free spin at all but is smooth as glass with astroglide on it lol all bearings r fresh belts r loose as possible cvds r lubed lightly
Remove a belt and it will spin 5-10 sec after u role spool/diff same with spur but put new/old belts on and it goes dead still.