R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Best Car to buy at the moment..
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 12:56 AM
blis
Tech Elite

I believe there is more room on a 1:8 scale to have the scope for design differences and evolution, in 1:10th things are a little more cramped and most cars have evolved similarly. And from a drivers point of view I'm stoked components from other cars will fit a C0-1. For performance you cant go past less rotating mass. The 2 speeds and transmission is smaller, diffs are smaller and this lends itself to failures. I cant speak for Serpents, I almost bought one myself, it was the predecessor to the 747 and what i found was that while the car was great value out of the box, the Race Spec upgrades bridged the gap in costs.

We opted for the V10 through parts availability. The build tolerances weren't great and it took a little experience to get it together. Grubs screws falling out etc, so best know how to build a tight car for V10.

Things changed and we lost availability and switched to the Capricorn. It's the best car for us, it's race spec out of the box, nice to work on and a better car than we are a team. It's important to be realistic and if everyone's running Xrays, V10's or 747's and you aren't going to TQ, you best add to the parts in the garage and enjoy racing.

The most expensive part of RC, is a DNF.