View Single Post
Old 09-21-2004, 11:08 PM
mikecatts
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default some tips

hi all.
ive been talking to josh cyrul.
here's what he has to say about the us nats.
mike
hi again josh, simon camalleri sent me a couple of pics of your fw that you ran , i noticed that the front-upper arm holder is different to the stock one,, it looks like its lower and wider? correct? and the rear end camber links look stronger..my question is can we get them yet or are you still developing.. ive tried the kawaharra front conversion, and it semms to make the car want to push in the corners, i put the standard front upper on and its better but the car isnt too goo at high speed. it pushes no matter what i do. ( brisbane australia off the main back straight comming into the centre tight section) what kind of rear wheel blocks do you use..the RRR or the stock fw...i see that people are talking about the mugen rear..will it work...i seem to have to run a lot of front and rear camber for the car to work..
sorry for the long letter, but i am getting frustrated with the car,, simon and i spent a week in brisbane state titles on the car and it still had the pushing issue..i dont want to buy the rrr..(i gave mine to rick bartolozzie as he wanted to try before he ran out of time for the aust. nats and kyosho was running late). i do like the ease of maintenance of the fw...
mike

I understand your frustration as this is the same problem I have had here in the US. Check out my set-ups area in the next few days as I will be posting my FW-05R set-up from the ROAR Nationals - it's the best my car has been so far. The front end was the prototype that Kyosho sent me - should be out very soon. The rear hubs are off the RRR and the camber links are also included with the new front end (same plastic tree anyway). One my car I run 4 degrees of rear camber and 2.5 in the front.... I agree that this is extreme but it's how the car likes to run...

QUESTIONS

hi again josh.
thanks for the quick reply.
one thing i di not ask, is you are using the RRR front steering blocks as well?
when i put the RRR on the front and rear, to make it 199 front and 198 rear i have to use the front drive axles#VZ013. and the swing shaft wide tyre #VS033. have you noticed the same?.
i also see that your setups you favour a heavy rear and a lighter front,,is this to aid turning?.simon and i set it with silvers all round..350 front and 500 rear oil..black sway..it was twitchy but it was the best we could get..
we want to get the parma or the losi alfas, but cant get in aus..rick wants to try as well. were can we purchase some of these?
ive found 190mm but not 200mm.
are you using by choice or sponser?, we have found the kawaharra honda and the active shortere mazda 6 to be the best so far,,any thoughts?
sorry for the long letter again..

Mike - I used the RRR steering blocks as well.... I don't know about what axles we use (I think the short ones) because Kyosho built my car and sent it so I didn't have to do anything but install radio gear. I was lucky with that one!!! I like the heavy rear bar because it allows me to use a more forgiving rear shock set-up which makes the car less sensitive but still has good steering.... I'm not sure where you can get the 200mm bodies. Check a few US based on-line shops (kthobbies is a good one). I used the Parma because I liked it and I thought it was better than the others..... I've never seen or used the Kawahara or Active bodies....