R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Help me prepare my 1/8 e-buggy for a 10h endurance
Old 08-13-2012, 11:19 AM
Zerodefect
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Lonestar
tell me of a hi-perf clutch (alloy shoes) that can statistically run 8hrs reliably with hard driving and zero maintenance

I've won a 4hr nitro endurance race by the way... refueling at 9mn, one 3mn pitstop to change rx lipo + tires + filter, plus one 2mn pit stop to fix a floppy camber link ... Electric is even easier really.

For battery change inspiration: check this out... winning truggy at last year's french biggest 8h race. Looks like 15s to me. these guys were doing 18mn/pack. No flameouts

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xj5...sucy-rc94_auto

Paul
Pretty sure you can extend clutch life by running hard alu shoes and 0.9 springs. I forget the exact settings, but it's doable. You'll lose some power though by trying to keep clutch temps down, and you'll have to be careful with throttle. No goofing around blipping or feathering, get the car turned and punch it, avoid light throttle that slips the clutches.

I usually get 2 gallons on a clutch with very minimal maintenance with my car dialed for 15-30min runs.

Still, the OP needs to stick with what he knows. No point in switching to nitro unless he allready knows nitro.