R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Drag Racing Truggies
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 08:23 AM
LOCK_DOWN
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by low_dakota94
Well for gear ratios it kinda depends on the surface you run on and the rpm's your motor makes and your tire size. I had best results with MT GRP parks but they are discontinued now. I prefer the original 3.8" mt size tires but we have guys running lpr bow ties with descent success as well as 40 series. The 628T is a .28 motor by ops (radical), I hear the new ones aren't very good. As far as clutches go I've always just run ofna aluminum shoes on a lightweight flywheel and usually a pretty heavy spring to give me some stall. And believe me there are plenty of jatos that can beat my truck, but when they start making the kind of power needed they have traction and control issues like crazy. My best advise woul be find a chassis you like and get out there and start trying different things until you find what works. For sure your going to want a modded motor and a good pipe and work from there.
I'm still impressed to hear a Truggy running those good numbers like that thanks for all of the helpful information. I have used Ofna springs in the past and they have been really good to me. So I wouldn't mind using them again. How often do you race or when is the last time you have raced?