R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 12:28 AM
BCDK
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Holmenkollen
My car is really loose on-power with the V1 motormount. Very loose with standard screw, pretty loose with a set screw. Itīs good without the screw but then I strip spur gears. Guess I have to order the V2 mount. I like the car otherwise...
Hi.

Yesterday it was the tires and the heat - not the car. Solaris on especially the Glostrup track, which has a low to middle grip, in warm and sunny weather is a bad choice. Morten and Rasmus drove after the race yesterday two batteries extra with exactly the same set up - just on either Sorex 36 with red inserts (WC tires) and Ride 32. The cars were totally different. They were planted on the track and they could drive different lines, and they could push the car in and out of the corners. Especially the Ride 32 worked extremely well. The lap times were about 0,5 to 1,0 second better per lap than with the Solaris tires, but the best was the feeling of the car. By the way - the motor temperature got nearly 20 degr C higher - a very good indicate, that the grip was far better. And just for notice - then the Serpent was better than the Awesomatix.