R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Man Hybrid 6X6 Crawler/Recovery Truck, Pic heavy !
Old 08-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Bondonutz
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Ben busy the last week when I had spare time, Installed LOTS of LED's and got the stacks painted and installed. I'm running the LED's off a switches in a "control panel" I made and all is powered with a small axillary 1000mah Thunder Power 2s Lipo.

I also have added 21oz to the wheels because when I raised the cab the 1/4" I haven't ben happy with how the COG was compromised, this should more than bring it back to where it needs to be.

I also added a lot of brass work, the roll cage for the bed was a ton of fun to make and made it in such a way I can carry a couple of spare tires without needing anything to secure them. They just wedge in between the bars and go no where. I also made a window on the winch box cover so I can peek at the spool without having to remove the entire cover.

Heres a short video showing the caution lights while towing/recovering a truck and actuation of the towing device.

You Tube Videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVEx_0KG7e0

Tow bar can be stored on the bed via a couple body clips when not in use

The new brass work on the bed, I'm trying to be humble but I'm pretty proud of this.