R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC
Old 08-10-2012, 07:05 PM
Paul L
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Paul, I know you were going to try cars with and without the new central servo mounting method. Did you prefer it or not find any difference.

Thanks
Skiddins
I cant honestly say for sure that i noticed a deference BC their were other changes in the two cars other than the servo mount. I really like the concept of the servo mount but im not sure it will always be a noticed difference.

Thanks

Originally Posted by S.Stew
Hey Paul,
Whats your recommendation for using LG1/LG2 with heat on solaris hards? Have you found anything that works specifically at Leisure Hours? Thanks!
I have not done much application testing at Leisure hours, i think that cleaning with LG1 then LG2 with warmers for 20min at 60deg C will work well. I will test it this weekend. Thanks

Originally Posted by bucketboy
Paul, Do you have the front tighter because you run mod which can cause the belt to slip or is there a handling advantage? I tend to run my rear slightly tighter than front but both pretty slack (13.5 and 10.5 boosted) is it worth me adjusting them.

Bb
Hi. I like to run the front tighter because it is a much longer belt and naturally has more overall slack and stretch to overcome when accelerating, I feel like when i run the front and the rear at the same tension the car can drive more loose on power by the rear belt having more drive than the front. Having the rear belt on the loose side with the front belt just a hair on the tight side normally makes the car more predictable when getting on the throttle hard.

Thanks