R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Randy_Pike
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by babydaddy
I hope you guys can help
I have a RX8 3 hole. The speedo was working fine and I just wanted to turn the brake up slightly.I used hotwire to do it and I realized there was a software update from 212 to 223 so I proceeded with it before making the adjustment. After performing the update and making the adjustment, I recalibrated my esc to the radio. I did a quick test in the house and noticed its like a on and off switch. I played with the timing turning it all the way down, lowered the profile to 1 with no change. As soon as I barley touch the throttle, it takes off aggressively. I tried to revert back to version 212 and after it completes, the esc is does not light up or make arming tones however the transponder is blinking so the bec seems to be working. I reverted back to 223 and everything comes back up. I called Tekin and the man basically said 223 may behave that way to try a current limiter or try reverting back making sure not to uplug it prematurely. I tried 3 more times to revert back with the same dead to the world results. I went back to 223 again and set a current limiter with no better results. I have a big race this Saturday and I am desperate for ideas.
Thanks in advance
Do a factory reset on the unit. This will remove any old memory locations that may be affecting operation.

Once done, radio cal and test. Is regular throttle restored?