R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 07:50 PM
brians11
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kwiksi
Have you tried a longer rear link on the outside of the rear hub or 1.5 squat? Try longer link in front? This might be only me, but your ride height seems really low...I rarely go below 24mm anywhere. You should get rid of that big spur...motor out all the way in the back will act as a pendulum. I run a 81 RW with a 8.5.
I know you mentioned tires, but...what are the fast guys running?
So far, there doesn't seem to be a 'fast' tire yet. We got new dirt at the beginning of July and are still searching.

Originally Posted by Jonny5
I've found outboard toe to help lock the rear end down middle-out on power. I also see you're running switches- have you tried rattlers? And I'm generally not a fan of cc foams on a low bite track, usually run something like a Trinity Bomb 1 or JC And1 inserts. And I agree with kwiksi on the ride height- too low and the rear end can bottom mid corner and wash out on ya.
I've tried Rattlers, but the track gets a little dust on it at times and gets really slick. I totally forgot about the toe inserts for the hubs and such. I saw the options on the setup sheet, but just thought I was missing something. I'll keep this in mind next time.

[QUOTE=Cspurlock;11065386]
Originally Posted by brians11
Hoping for some help with some rear side bite. I feel like the rear end rotates a little too hard through the middle of the turns, but I'm not real sure where to start on changes, so any help would be appreciated. I've tried several rear tires and didn't change too much, so I'm thinking it has more to do with the suspension.

Brian

QUOTE]

Brian,
I would try a few things:
move your front camber link to the #2 position on the tower
move your rear shock to the #2 on the arm
move your rear hubs to the middle (2&2)
change your camber to 1deg

do all these changes at once, or you won't feel the proper effect.

Then if you find you are a little starved for traction, go to 3.5 rear toe, don't move the axles forward.

Then at that point try moving the rear shock from the #3 on the tower to the #2 and see which feels better.

Then if the car is feeling better, you might try going to a Dk Grn front spring, you might be a little soft at Black.

Just my 2 cents
Thanks for the detailed response, I'll keep all of this in mind.

Originally Posted by JeremyHarris
You can move the bottom of the rear shock to the inside hole, I have a fourth hole drilled in my rear shocktower, as well. You can also try adding a 1mm washer under the rear ballstud. You can also try the 3/1.5 block instead of 3/3 and go to the Durango light red rear spring (rate 2.00) or the losi yellow rear (rate 2.05) and try running your battery a little further back. Also, lengthen the front camber link will take some steering away and that will help the rear feel more planted.
Thanks for the input, I'll give these a go. Do you guys feel the shock oil/piston combo is ok? I hadn't thought about the large spur gear effect.