R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2012 Great Lakes Challenge - Toledo, Ohio
Old 08-06-2012, 08:33 PM
Vector03cobra
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BIGCAT TX
Sorry man...I have just seen too many racers sitting at the track complaining about the one guy that has a more expensive motor and is doing better than others.....NOT because of the other motor but because he is a better racer/mechanic/driver overall. It just gets so far under my skin when this is an off road buggy based class. If you used that as an excuse in off road buggy you would be laughed at. Just makes zero sense to me. I have listened to it for too long and have to speak my mind about it.

When I was a new guy I lost because I wasn't as good period. The motor wasn't the issue and it was proven over time and time again. I really think it is a sorry excuse not to be a better racer overall.

As a matter of fact, electronics/servos/radios might be more important from a dependability/control stand point than motors. You can have a 100 motor tuned right that beats a 700 motor tuned wrong. The motor thing is so relative to the driver/pit guy. It just doesn't make sense to me. Are they not going to allow a racer with an RSX servo because it is 250 dollars? really....

Believe me I am trying to get over it but it just kills me.....
the motor rule is to stop people like me

unless you want to put a modded 21 keep on or flash in your car ever 3-4 weeks and have 2 spares in your pit box

example last year from april to september I used 7 motors I can tell you 7 at 250 is a far cry from the 450-650 each motor I used

so if your motor budget is 4000-4500 a year then you need to just race 1/8th scale

and if you have more budget race both classes

and here is a last little secret I will let you in on.....the motor price cap is the same for everyone

and its not just the 250 its the glow plugs also in a 2 day weekend your dropping 30+ on plugs or more if things go wrong not so with the non turbo plug 250 limit

sorry i just dont see what the issue is about its the same for every racer and saves some money

I just dont get the gripe