R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Aaron Waldron
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2004, 08:27 AM
Aaron Waldron
Tech Elite

L. Fairtrace - The Hydra-Drive helps on really rough and slippery tracks..sometimes I wish we were still running it..hahaha

Brownie - I run Losi's new white ballcups. Closed ends are great..but if you break one, you're done. My pit man always brings extra camber links with him during a long main, so they can be replaced quickly if one of the ballcups breaks.

vengeance - Is your gear mesh set correctly?

rc10t3 - Usually, those noises are made by incorrect gear mesh. Use a piece of paper in between your pinion and spur gear to correctly space out the teeth, tighten the motor down, and then slide the piece of paper out.

It could also be the gears in your transmission. Use a little bit of the white assembly grease from your kit on the gears of the tranny, and spin it through to lubricate all of the gears.

snikkari - I use Airtronics servos exclusively...if you're going to spend money on your own electronic equipment, make sure you get the best. I use the 94357 for steering. It's fast, has good torque, and centers very consistently. The link your provided is the 357 with the metal case..which is perfect!

mop_iko - Pro-Line makes a Road Hawg 1/8th scale tire that works great. As with most on-road tires, make sure you go up one tooth on your clutch bell to regain the gearing you will lose when going to smaller diameter tires.