R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What ESC to get for racing mod?
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 05:41 AM
theatriks
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Troy Carter
I have serious doubts that anyone running mod at Leisure Hours is coming off with temps below 190°f. I normally came off at 190-195° and would often see others saying they were higher.

I'm also not sure I lost my LRP yet. I replaced it with something else and made a couple runs tonight and found that my receiver was bad. After changing that I'm wondering if my LRP is still good and I fell victim to a bad receiver only. I'll have to check that.

For reference, I was running 7.6fdr with the 4.5t, LRP SXX v2 TC with v4.0 firmware on full boost. At 8.0fdr it wasn't keeping up down the straight.

The AE Black Diamond scares me because it says it's rated to 7.5t only. Maybe they are ultra conservative but to be competitive in mod TC at the big tracks you need 4.5 or 3.5 motors. I'd hate to burn one of those to find out if it works well or not.

Im not sure where your getting your specs but the black diamond is rated to handle up to 3 turn motor and can do so with ease.....the novak will probably melt into a puddle lol .....do what you like but the black diamond is a much better speed control then a novak ....for those who can afford one buy it and enjoy the best this industry can offer and those who cant afford one and just bash the good stuff use there mastercard and but the low end speedos.