R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 06:27 PM
Fusiongraphix
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Ive heard it all regarding if you are complaining don't buy it!

But this is my two cents on the whole pricing issue!

First off I agree with most by saying its a K car and you get what you pay for! so you wont mind getting raped by the price.

However, this price is just straight ridiculous. I can understand being $100 more then AE or Losi, as in the WC kit, but not $200. There is no reason this car should be $450.. it should be the same as the WC at $350.

B4.1 Worlds $249.99
Losi 22 $249.99
RB5 WC $349
RB6 $449

Problem is everyone will buy it still. hell I will probably buy one too!

As a business owner, I understand costs and what not, but I also understand making a fair retail price and you will sell more overall.

I guarantee that Kyosho would sell twice as many if they would have left the price at $350..

So the whole reason Im even commenting on this subject is now it is going to ruin it for everyone. I guarantee that now Kyosho is setting such a high retail price. the New AE B4 or B5 or whatever it will be will most likey will have a higher retail price and same with everyone else. it might not happen right away, but mark my words in a year or two all the 2wd buggies will have a retail price of $350-400.. its going to hurt the sport. the whole reason 2wd buggies are fun and are the top of the sport for RC is because they are affordable. We can all say goodbye to that now.

if anyone disagrees I don't really care, but this exact thing happened in Onroad.. now all the top of the line touring cars are $500-800 bucks..

it just sucks thats all...