Old 08-01-2012, 04:08 PM
HeliYogi
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default F104 Rubber on C rims?

Originally Posted by sir miles View Post
Sorry Guys for the confusion, the tires installed in the picture is the stock foam tires of my R91cp GrpC. F103 tires are much smaller than the stock.
OK, not that I don’t have a gazillion things waiting to be done but I could not stand the incognita whether the F104 rubber tires (F1 ) can be used on the group C rims.

The answer is YES! They are a little big on the front so it’s going to take rubber bands and careful “CA ing” but it’s doable. I have not tried the Pitz Shimitzu (wich are far better that the Tamiya for grip) but it’s no longer an issue..

For the photos I only had two Tamiya front tires to show, so yes the F104 rubber rear will be taller and cover more rear rim. The height is a little lower on the rubber, but easily adjustable on the chassis.

With rubber you get:
No more trimming tires and adjusting the chassis as with the foams (just applying CA as needed)
I am sure the car will be as good to drive as it is with the foams. Maybe lose a little traction especially on carpet but be better in dusty parking lot tracks.
At the club I can be in the brushless 21.5/Rubber class and blow the !#$#&* Silver Can/Foam (always good news lol)

More good news for the rubber crowd: Tamiya is releasing a new rubber compound tire for the F104 that looks as good as the Pit Shimitzu that we are using now.
http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/tcs.php?article-id=556

(PS don't forget to drill at least 2 small holes in your C rims before you glue on the rubber tire, it needs air flow )

Cheers!

Last edited by HeliYogi; 08-10-2012 at 10:39 PM.