R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 12:41 PM
Entr0phy
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you can't afford the car, or don't want to spend 450$ on one then don't, go get a b4 or a traxxas bandit and gtfo out of this thread. It would be nice to read some relevant and mature discussion on the car rather than 6 pages of people whining about its price or making completely unfounded claims about its ability to produce traction.
On a different note, and for the sake of keeping this thread somewhat on track, I think this car looks great, I have pre-ordered two. One will be a race only vehicle and the other for testing and tuning. I think the battery layout is a great feature, it will certainly be nice to have a car that accommodates saddle, stick, and shorty packs without having to always change the position of the speedo and other electronics. Glad to hear the stock springs are X-gear, and that there is a small degree of parts cross-compatibility between the RB5 and 6. The alum steering rack looks like a great design, definitely a nice addition.
I feel that this car is on par with the new generation of buggies, i.e., the dex210 and the 22....however, I am glad those car have been out for a while and I'm hoping the Kyosho engineers learned from the mistakes and shortcoming of those cars and were able to create a superior product. Guess, only time will tell....