R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2012 Great Lakes Challenge - Toledo, Ohio
Old 08-01-2012, 11:00 AM
BIGCAT TX
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just saying it is a thought up local rule, not the the masses consensus. And not sure how you can reference off road buggy based class because the only thing referencing the off road class is the car, not the atmosphere of the class. Beginners need a sportsman class......even off road buggy beginners don't care about the price some other racer pays for a motor. And that is probably the biggest RC class in the country.....which is for a reason.

Sound like whiners think you cannot compete or win without spending a bunch more money - which is completely untrue. The rich guy doesn't win. The better driver and mechanic wins regardless of price.

I use those real cheap motors to compete against guys running on road motors in the class and do just fine. That is my point. Trying to convince a new guy that he might win because there is a motor limit price is so ridiculous and untrue.

If you think I am calling you stupid that is not the case...I don't even know you. I think the rule is stupid for the overall masses and when you are trying to bring folks in for a big race! Local events and club races do what you have to do to get knew folks out.

I am certain that the big sponsored drivers running GT are going to support their manufacturer or sponsor for multiple classes - not your rules for GT.