R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Set up stations
Thread: Set up stations
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 12:47 PM
orcadigital
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JustWill75
I wonder what setup stations do the pros use. I know that Xray use Hudy but what the team Associated, Tamiya, Yokomo and Hotbodies team drivers use?.
Shouldn't you be practicing?

Originally Posted by terry.sc
I must say though I would never bother taking the setup station to the track, but a camber gauge and a tweak board always goes with me.
This, I cannot understand. The variation in measuring camber from the outside of the wheel to the hub can be massive (I have seen upwards of 4* difference between the outside of the wheel and the setup station readings on a VTA tire). The setup station goes where my car goes, and if I hit the wall with any force, or it feels funny, it goes on the setup station to check. Setup board as well as ride height gauges, droop blocks, and while I carry balance pins, I also carry a full balance station as well.

The only reason I would ever suggest not bringing a setup station is because you do not have one, and you can borrow one from someone else. Otherwise, it goes everywhere the car goes.

How do you make toe adjustments? Ruler? While it is possible, I sure do not see the advantage, especially when you have the proper tools.