Old 07-31-2012, 08:07 AM
hitcharide1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Eh

Originally Posted by Farmer_John
Re-read the MWS GT rules and this popped out:

"Regular price suggested to be under $200 not including tax."

Personally, I would read that as interpretable using the "spirit of competition". But I'm not the guy teching your car, nor do I compete in that class.

There's only so much power those cars can put down, short of the surface being velcro. Hopefully, someone with more involvement in rules interpretation will speak up. The idea is to have full grids in every class. Not to dissuade someone who wants to drive 1300 miles to compete within his chosen class.

JMHO...
My buddy Tom competes in that class and he's got all the engine he could ever need with a fantastic engine that isn't a wallet breaker.

On the flip side...you've a good point about "full grids". Personally, I think the 200 buck limit is a great idea, but racing should represent the will of the racers, so let the GT guys determine that one. I like the rule but it's not my place to decide what the rule should be in a class I don't run in. I'd say, let the rule stand for now, there's plenty of time before the GLC for the GT guys to get together on this and decide if they want a change, and I'm sure it'd be accomodated either way.