R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 07-30-2012, 07:27 PM
aarcobra
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

[
Must've misread something...you don't have enough parts for a whole MRP?? Hell, I can fix that. Question is (and was, in my mind) what'll you do about gears because I know those things eat gears. Beyond that, if you want to run an MRP at the GLC, just say the word and I'll make it happen.[/QUOTE]

The MRP car I have been working on was an electric conversion they made for promotions, I think. I've seen a number of them set-up with a Rick Mears Indy car body and electric stuff. I have been able to get it pretty much converted back to gas but have no spares at all and need to mount the radio yet. Not sure I want to risk the front end as it is the only one I have and I definately want one for my museum!!
I don't recall any problems with eating gears. Maybe guys had problems if they didn't tighten the motor. There was a little plastic shim used to keep the motor from sliding away from the rear axle, but I seldom used it. May make one out of metal 'cause you are scaring me!!!!

I'm using an Associated rear axle and diff 'cause the electric car didn't come with a diff. I've got a few Associated spurs but hate to use them up. I'm looking for gears online that I can modify....