R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 07-30-2012, 04:03 PM
hitcharide1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Ah...just a sec there

Originally Posted by aarcobra
If there were a 2wd hall of fame I'd already be nominating Lon Sr. for it. If I didn't have my old stuff and a desire to build a new one from scratch, I'd probably have one of the motonicas as well. I see really good things coming out of this for a lot of people, an inexpensive (or relatively so) way to have fun.

I'm still thinking concrete blocks on any car with a driver under the age of 16...just to make it more fair....
I really am not sure how much the "modern" pan, w/adjustable suspension, buys you. Matt seems to be plenty competitive with the straight axle car. He only needs tokeep at it until he works out the bugs. From what I understand his dnf's are from set-up/maintanience stuff, not anything to do with the car design. He needs to switch over to the new tires, and not rely on the old ones.

Same with you. You seem to be competitive when you run the old pan. If I get enough parts for a whole MRP, I would certainly give it a try! Problem is not having any track time to work out issues and 600 mile drive to race... bummer[/QUOTE]

Must've misread something...you don't have enough parts for a whole MRP?? Hell, I can fix that. Question is (and was, in my mind) what'll you do about gears because I know those things eat gears. Beyond that, if you want to run an MRP at the GLC, just say the word and I'll make it happen.